Thursday, July 30, 2009

Skating is Commuting

I love street skating but I've never been that good at it. I can't pop big sets of stairs or slide down hand rails, but I find pure enjoyment trying to mimic the nonchalant style of Tom Penny while cruising to class, work, the market or wherever. I was always infatuated by Penny's style because he looks like he was merely skating to some destination rather than the typical try and try again style of the top pros pulling ridiculous maneuvers over big gaps and long rails. 

This is one of my favorite skate parts of all time from Flip Skateboard's first film, Sorry.



I recently came upon this segment of skateboard--now musician--Tommy Guerrero pushing the streets of San Fran and my love for skateboarding has once again been solidified. This is the essence of skateboarding. I can picture Tommy saying, "Ma, I'm gonna run and get some milk... be back soon!"


No comments:

Post a Comment